In this Cookies Policy, we explain what cookies are, what they are for, and how you can configure or disable them if you wish. In addition, we indicate what types of cookies it uses, and for what purpose it does so, and that it is duly identified in the Legal Notice that appears therein.
We invite you to read carefully this Cookies Policy.1. What are cookies and what are they for?
Cookies are files that are installed on your device (for example, your computer, tablet or mobile phone) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to guarantee the quality, usability and proper functioning of websites, as well as to store and retrieve information about browsing habits on them and personalize their content, and can sometimes be used to recognize the user of a website.
Therefore, cookies are essential for the Internet to function, and in no case they expose to risk to your computer or device. Furthermore, they can help us to recognize the need for improvements in parts of the Website and to detect malfunctions.2. What types of cookies exist?
Cookies can be classified into various types, according to different criteria. Below, Mafer offers you information about the different types of cookies that we use on the Website.2.1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them
• Own cookies: are those that are sent to your computer or device from the Website managed by Mafer and from which the service is provided. If cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by Mafer, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies if the third party uses them for their own purposes (for example, the improvement of the services it provides).
• Third-party cookies: those that are sent to your web computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by Mafer, but by another entity, which processes the information obtained through them.2.2. Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated on your device
• Session Cookies: those designed to collect and store information only for the duration of your visit to the Website, and they disappear when the session ends. They are normally used to store information that you only want to keep for the purpose of guaranteeing the basic functionalities of the Mafer Website during your visit to it.
• Persistent cookies: these cookies store information for a longer period of time, which can be accessed and processed by the person responsible for the cookie during said period. This period varies from cookie to cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.2.3. Types of cookies according to their purpose
• Session Cookies: those that allow you to browse the Website. Session cookies will allow you to use the different functionalities and services of the Website, for example the login with your identifier.
• Preference or personalization cookies: these let you to remember information so that you can access the Website with characteristics that can differentiate your experience from other users, such as, for example, the appearance or content of the Website, which may vary depending on the type of browser you use.
• Analysis or measurement cookies: those that allow monitoring and analysis of your behavior on the Website. This information allows us to measure and analyze the use of the Website, as well as to create user browsing profiles, with the aim of introducing the necessary improvements to the Website based on the analysis of the collected browsing data.
• Advertising cookies: those that authorize the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, have been included on the Mafer website.
• Behavioral advertising cookies: those that allow the effective management of the advertising spaces that may have been included on the Website, through the storage of information on their behavior obtained thanks to the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which permits you to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.